Things to Remember in Nepal
When you are in Nepal for travel or expedition you need to remember the following things :
1) When you go to temples or any holy places in Nepal, you need to take permissions to take photographs.
2) Before entering a Nepalese home, temple, and stupa remember to remove your shoes.
3) Be careful not to use your spoon, fork or hands being used for eating to touch other’s food, plate, cooking
utensil or the serving dish. Do not eat from other people’s plate and do not drink from other people’s bottle or
glass. It is considered impure by the Nepalese.
4) Never touch anything with your feet. This is considered and offence among Nepalese.
5) While traveling, dress appropriately. Women should especially avoid dressing in skimpy outfits.
6) Seek permission first before entering a Hindu temple. Many Hindu temples do not allow westerners to
7) Leather articles are prohibited in most religious places.
8) Walking around temples or stupas is traditionally done clockwise.
9) Take photographs only after receiving permission for the object or person being photographed.
10) Remember, many times, when a person shakes his head from left to right, he may mean “Yes.”
11) Develop a genuine interest to meet and talk to Nepalese people and respect their local customs.